November 22, 2013

Giant Pandas, Pt. 2

Welcome Back!

This time I'm highlighting more Giant Panda photos. I think this is the male one again (that's what we were told the day we were there). The female was in the inside enclosure and I have some photos of her too!

Did you know that:

"In the wild, a giant panda's diet is 99% bamboo. The other 1% consists of other grasses/herbs and occasionally small prey animals. At the Toronto Zoo, the giant pandas will be fed a diet that consists of fresh bamboo, leaf eater biscuits, apples, and occasionally sugar cane or icicles as a treat. Fresh bamboo will be 80 - 90% of the giant panda's diet and they will be offered between 42 to 64 kilograms (93 to 141 pounds) of bamboo each day. " (

That's a lot of bamboo!

This week has been busy and I had my last meeting with my Career Counsellor so now I am ready to take on the world! Ok, maybe find a job? :-)

Have a great weekend!

No comments: