June 12, 2008

A Good Day Fishin....

On Wednesday night, we headed to the Napanee River---Kevin and Keturah went kayaking and Brooke and I hiking on the boardwalk. Well, it was quite boring to start, because I didn't see anything to take shots of and then lo and behold, there was a heron by the waterfall and so Brooke and I got as close as we could to take some shots. I was practically hanging over the edge into the water taking about 240 shots of this heron, who was having lots of luck fishing...He caught and ate (well, swallowed whole) about 20 fish while we were watching. We also ran into the mother duck and babies on the way back to the car, but I'll save those pics for another day...I shot about 500 pics in about 45 mins last night---a definite record for me!

So, I'm not sure who had the better day "Fishin" --him or me?

These are some of my favourite pics---the sun was shining behind the heron, so the shots could definitely be better, but I'm happy with them all...




















































No comments: