January 31, 2014

Alligator Adventure: Birds & Tortoises

Welcome Back!

This time I'm highlighting some non-alligator critters found at Alligator Adventure! The first four photos are of the Sarus Crane. He's very pretty with his red plumage and red eye!

The next two photos are of the Spur Thigh Tortoise. He isn't too big, compared to the ones near the exit, which I'll highlight another day!

The last two photos are of the Macaws. These guys were not cooperating for photos even though I stood there for ages waiting for them to turn around! :-)

Well, this week has been crazy and I'm so out of my routine! I must get to the gym today, as I haven't been all week due to weather and whatnot! Keturah was off yesterday and so we headed to Kingston to shop for her semi-formal dress. We had a great day until we headed home and ended up in the ditch in a big snowbank! (Keturah was driving on a snow-covered road!) Anyway, we were okay, just a bit shook up! I was surprised by how many people stopped to see if we were okay--my faith in humanity is restored! We had a very nice policeman who waited with us until the tow truck came. Thanks also to my brother-in-law, Les who hooked us up with the towing service! No damage to my car either! Whew!

Anyway, more snow this weekend!! SIGH. We were hoping to go to Waterloo to take Brooke out for dinner for her birthday, but I guess we probably won't unless we go on Sunday, but we'll have to see what the weather will be like...Don't want to end up in the ditch again! :-)

Have a great weekend!









No comments: