April 9, 2013

Flying Feathered Friends...

Welcome back!

This week I'm highlighting some feathered friends from Murrell's Inlet in Myrtle Beach. This is a favourite nature area of ours as we always see some kind of wildlife. This time I saw a few pelicans and you know how much I adore them!

I thought I'd start my pelican retrospective with some flying ones. I am not sure I've ever included flying ones before--maybe one, but this time, they were quite active, so I managed a few that I was happy with.

The sixth picture is that of an island just out from the boardwalk. I think you can canoe over there or if the tide is low enough you could probably walk! Anyway, there were a bunch of pelicans sunning themselves on this island.

The seventh picture is that of a fisherman who was checking his nets with a lot of inspectors (pelicans) standing by. He did throw some fish at them..likely ones that were too small for his taste. It was cute watching them follow the fisherman around...I figure he must do this every time to have such a following!

I'll probably have more pelican shots next week!

Have a good one!








No comments: