November 12, 2012

A Quick Post!

Welcome Back! We survived the weekend in Ottawa and had a great visit with friends, Anne & Fred and enjoyed seeing their new home!
 
I'm leaving for Oneida again in an hour or so, but wanted to add a short post and a few photos.
 
The first photo is the Swallowtail Lighthouse found on Grand Manan. When you start seeing this on the horizon, you know you are almost there..it feels like home to me when I see it--so I may have to retire there! I have a large print of this lighthouse hanging in my hallway and get to see it everyday!
 
This is also the most photographed lighthouse in Canada...I know it is for me alone. I have so many photos of it, but am just including the first one that I took as we made our way to Grand Manan,  just before disembarking from the ferry.
 
The 2nd, 3rd & 4th photos were taken the following morning as we walked around the harbour. I saw these spiderwebs glistening in the sunlight and tried to take a few photos. Very hard to shoot due to the sun and the fact that they were in someone's yard. But I did the best I could in the little time I had. I would have liked to "practice" more...maybe next time!
 
Enjoy your week!
 




No comments: