March 24, 2012

Big Tortoises

Sorry for the delay in posting...I thought I'd have time to post when we were in MB, but I barely had time to backup my photos each night before dropping into bed! We had to come back home for a rest! Really! We got home late last Saturday night, but with the loads of laundry, getting groceries, and picking up our animals from the pet-sitters, we were busy all weekend! Then I felt sick all week too--I got Kevin/Brooke's cold...

Anyway, today's photos were taken at the Alligator Adventure, where, yep, you guessed it--lots of alligators live there! Near the end of our walk, we saw these big guys. They started heading over to the fence to check us out, so we made sure to pet them, feel their big, hard shells and scratch their necks!
The first two photos below show the smaller one and the last 4 are of the bigger one! I've included photos of the family so you can see how big these guys really are.

They were pretty friendly too!






No comments: