July 11, 2011

Napanee Wildlife

Well, I haven't been out shooting much...Not sure if I mentioned that I broke one of my lenses, but I did and it's now getting repaired (thank goodness it was fixable!), so that is one of my excuses! The others are: too tired, too hot out, nothing to shoot, allergies...the list goes on and on...:-)

Anyway, I wanted to share a couple of pictures that are near and dear to my heart..One was taken about 6 weeks ago...the snapping turtle below...I took this just down the road. She was heading back into the swampy area after laying her eggs. Kevin actually saw her on his way to Napanee and called me, so I grabbed the Nikon and headed out and this is the best photo I got of her!

The heron photo below--I just took a couple of weekends ago, again down by the Conservation Park. I loved this shot of the fish just jumping into his mouth. I may enter this one into a contest...what do you think? I like the lighting for this one better!

Anyway, I'm soon to remedy my excuse for not having anything to shoot as we are heading to Prince Edward Island this coming weekend for two weeks! Yep, I should get a shot or two there I would think! Anyway, I will try to post if I can! Taking my handy dandy netbook and my external hard drive to save all my photos, so will just need some reliable internet and some TIME!

Take care!




No comments: